We currently work in partnership with West Essex Schools Direct.
The West Essex School Direct Partnership is committed to attracting, training and developing graduates to enable all schools within our area to reach the same level of excellence and quality of provision thus ensuring that all our trainees achieve their full potential.
In order to realise this vision our partnership schools have made a commitment to work together through the School Direct programme with our provider TES Institute to provide the very best school-based teacher training programmes in the Secondary sector. The programme will seek to maximise time spent in the classroom by ensuring that the face-to-face professional studies programme is of the highest quality and delivered within our locality.
Who are we?
Our partnership includes several primary schools and one secondary school -Passmores Academy which is the lead school.
How does our programme work?
Our teacher training programme is run over a one-year period within schools in partnership with the TES Institute. The one year course is delivered with a mix of in-school experience, online learning, tutor support and in-school mentor support. We firmly believe that we offer a fantastic opportunity to learn to teach alongside truly inspirational teachers in exciting learning environments offering superb career development and support. We aim to ensure that all students receive an outstanding education that positively impacts on their progress and attainment.
Why chose our TES institute course?
The TES institute programme is a unique opportunity to work as a member of a school team and learn about teaching from dedicated, experienced professionals in schools. Your practical teacher training will be supplemented by high quality online learning sessions written by practicing teachers and academics from the world of education.
TES Institute’s School Direct ITT programme will allow you to:
- Work in a school alongside teaching professionals, learning from experienced practitioners as part of a team
- Train to prepare and deliver your own lessons and in time, take shared responsibility for your own classes
- Gain contrasting experience in a second partnership school
- Access supporting online study sessions 24/7 that focus on the theory and practice of teaching and learning
- Benefit from the support of an in-school mentor and a TES Institute pathway tutor to guide and facilitate effective progress towards QTS
- Be part of a network of School Direct partnership schools
- Gain QTS with an option to add PGCE
- Increase your subject knowledge with online Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE)